The Roman Mysteries is a 17-book middle grade series featuring four very different Roman children who team up to solve mysteries in the first century AD. Two spin-off series are The Roman Mysteries Scrolls for younger readers, and The Roman Quests, which follows a new generation of young Romans as they flee pursuers to Britannia. I have also produced four history mystery books set in the wild west and two retellings of stories from Virgil. In my latest series, The Time Travel Diaries, a London schoolboy and his pal(s) go to Roman London, Ancient Athens and possibly first century Jerusalem. Finally, the fun but practical How to Write a Great Story is based on my popular school visits. (Info below).
BOOKING A SCHOOL VISIT
In a SINGLE hour-long talk illustrated by artefacts & images from my travels, I share my secrets for plotting stories, finding characters and creating a detailed world of adventure. I offer a variety of talks (see below). There is time for Q&A afterwards and book signing if schools are happy for me to sell my books.
1. ‘How to Write a Great Story’ – fun tips about writing plot & characters with added Romans (8 – 12 yrs)
2. ‘Mysteries of Ancient Rome’ – exciting talk with more emphasis on Pompeii & Rome (8 – 12 yrs)
3. ‘History Detectives’ – fun talk with more emphasis on The P.K. Pinkerton Mysteries (8+)
4. ‘Myth, Movies & Storytelling’ – more advanced talk about ‘The Hero’s Journey’ in myth & movie (12+)
(with visual references to Theseus, Star Wars, The Hunger Games, Paddington and several others)
5. NEW! ‘Time Travel to the Past’ – features Roman London, Ancient Athens & writing tips.
Following the changed circumstances caused by the Corona Virus I will only be doing real visits in the greater London area for the foreseeable future. The cost will be £300 plus travel and VAT for an hour-long talk followed by book signing and Q&A.
However, I am now offering an hour-long virtual talk followed by Q&A anywhere in the world! I can host up to a hundred in my own Zoom room or can meet on your school’s platform. The cost for my virtual visit will be £60 plus VAT = £72.